Meet The AABE Florida Committee Chairpersons
Committee Chair Responsibilities
Scholarship Committee Chair
Manages our annual scholarship application and selection process for Florida Chapter awards; and participation in the national scholarship committee / process.
- Ensure available funds by submitting a budget to the Executive Committee by January 31 to include the estimated number of high school recipients and returning scholars to be awarded a scholarship.
- Manage communications to scholars throughout the year, including information regarding internships, meetings, and other opportunities with the chapter.
- Develop statistics and inform the chapter of trends as it relates to scholars, applications, etc. This effort serves to assist the chapter in its continuous evolution to meet the changing industry dynamics and meet the mission to have Black and other minority students have a broader representation in the energy industry.
Community Outreach Committee Chair
Seek community outreach opportunities
- Ensure chapter’s community presence is purpose driven, intentional and relevant and in line with the Chapter’s Bylaws
Communications Committee Chair
Enhance chapter’s exposure and engagement by preparing and coordinating the distribution of chapter communications (i.e., newsletter)
- Generate and disseminate quarterly newsletters to members, external entities, and the national office.
- Assist with updating the chapter’s website and social media platforms.
Fundraising Committee Chair
Responsible for organizing the chapter’s, primary but not limited to, the Golf Scholarship Tournament fundraiser
- Coordinate and manage all aspects and logistics for the tournament
- Conduct committee team meeting to ensure the fundraising process and all fundraising activities are in line to raise funds for the scholarship program
Membership Committee Chair
Coordinate recruitment of new chapter members, retention of current members; maintain updated member roster, and work with national office to verify chapter membership.
- Submit a list of members to include name, email address, company affiliation, job title at first quarterly General Membership meeting. To also include a list of dropped members.
Legislative Issues and Public Policy (LIPP) Committee
The LIPP committee educate members on legislative and public policy issues impacting the energy industry and community. Provide education and awareness to policymakers and constituents of impacts of policy and proposed policy.
For more information on specific topics of interest, click and follow the links below:
- White House
- Congressional Calendar
- Congressional Black Caucus Foundation
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Office of Minority Economic Impact